Children are welcome, and artists often bring their own kids along. However a few points may be important:
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- There's no organised programme of teaching: we're literally just a bunch of people who come to draw comics together.
- Some artists may be working on adult material.
- We can't guarantee that there will be other children present at any given workshop. We find things work best if children bring a friend or two with them.
What to bring
- Comics you're already working on.
- Comics you've done in the past that you'd like to show people.
- Pens and pencils and drawing implements.
- Paper to draw on.
- Packaged Snack food (remember it's a library), and bottled drink.
We usually pass around a few jam comics, where people take turns adding to an ongoing story. They're great if you're not sure where to start, or you need a warm-up.